Imperial Community School
200 Broad Street,
November 19, 2018
A few important details coming up:
- 3-Way Conferences – Friday, November 23rd, a letter was sent home with your interview time. A reminder there is no school for students this day. We look forward to seeing you! In addition, Mr. Manz’s Grade 4/5s have been busy making beautiful clay ornaments they will be selling 1 for $2 or 3 for $5. School clothing is also available for purchase and a try on kit for sizing is available.
- United Way Fundraiser for the next two weeks – send your spare change to school – the class that brings the most change (weight wise) gets to pie Mr. Duck on November 30th – no pennies please.
- We are very fortunate to be sponsored by Henry Janzen School and many local community members to be able to hold our annual Santa Store. The Santa Store is an opportunity for all students to shop and wrap gifts for immediate family members. This will be held on Monday, December 3rd. If possible please pick your child(ren) up after school on December 3rd, as students will have many gifts to carry!
- Imperial is very fortunate to be sponsored this year by Dominion Lending Services – there will be a media and school assembly on Thursday, December 13th @ 9:45 am – parents are welcome, it’s a surprise!
The staff and students are working hard to prepare our “Winter Soulstice”. This year we will be inviting parents to the school for a soup and bannock luncheon starting @ Noon on Wednesday, December 19th. Following a delicious meal in your child’s classroom, parents will be invited to the gym for a short program showcasing our Winter Soulstice! Imperial staff have been working hard at promoting parent engagement in our school community, therefore, the soup and bannock lunch is for parents/caregivers only and our Imperial students.
- Friday, December 21st is early dismissal @ 2:30 for students and staff, school will resume Monday, January 7th, 2019.
Thank you for your continued success in getting your child(ren) to school, our attendance is up 6% compared to last year!!! As always, if you have any questions or concerns please call the school or pop in!
Rhonda Haus – Principal